Tips on Caring for Your Vehicle After Repairs
We recommend that you follow these simple precautions in the first few months of your new finish's life:
In the first 90 days...
- Do not wax or polish the vehicle - this will allow the finish to dry and harden completely. Do not use silicone-containing
waxes or polishes.
In the first 30 days...
not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the
finish and damage the surface. Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water
and very mild car wash solution. Be sure to use a soft cloth or sponge.
- Wash the vehicle in the shade - never in the sun.
- Do not "dry wipe" the vehicle - always use clean water. Dry wiping could scratch the finish.
- Extreme heat and cold are to be avoided. Keep the vehicle parked in the shade whenever possible.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
- Do not park under trees that drop sap or near factories with heavy smoke fallout. Sap and industrial fallout mar or spot
a freshly painted surface.
- Trees are also likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface.
They should be washed off as soon as possible.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish. If you do, immediately
rinse off with water. Do not wipe.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the surface. Your snow scraper can act like a paint scraper if the finish is new. Brush
off loose material with a soft snowbrush.
Thank you for visiting our Web site.
Michael Schlarbaum (Owner)
2215 Sunset Road
Des Moines, IA 50321
Tel: (515) 243-2406
Fax: (515) 243-0943
Copyright © Sch-lar-baum Auto Body, 2011. All rights reserved.